Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome to The Madwomen's Book Club

After six weeks of deliberation and procrastination, we finally selected our first group read: Born Round, by Frank Bruni. It’s a memoir by the former New York Times restaurant critic, and we selected it primarily because 1) none of us had read it, and 2) as Miss H. likes to say, each of the madwomen has a particularly strong love affair with food! I’m particularly eager to begin reading because I have adored Frank’s writing style since I first noticed it in a review of clam pizza he ate at Co. in Brooklyn. The sheer magnitude of vocabulary he employed in describing the shellfish blew me away and sparked my obsession with the NYT Dining and Wine section, which I still read diligently each week. I can only hope that his memoir is as vivid and stylish as his reviews. So…let the reading begin! We can’t wait to start posting and let you all know what we think!
- Rebecca DeW.

No comments:

Post a Comment