Thursday, August 12, 2010

Did anyone else catch Top Chef last night? The author of our first book was guest judge! We certainly have good timing.

How far is everyone in the book? I have been sidetracked by Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. The book is a collection of connected short stories centered around Olive, who lives in a small coastal town in Maine. It's going slowly, but it's interesting. Strout does a very good job of developing the characters. I'm wondering if I should switch over to Born Round, though, and keep up with everyone else?

Mrs. Havisham

1 comment:

  1. I finished! No job, 98 degrees out, nothing better to do. But I'm witholding thoughts until the rest of you are further along. Now debating what to read next - The Omnivore's Dilemma, or time for some fiction?
    I'd give Olivia a few more days, then think about catching up with Born Round.
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete