Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tis the Season

I finally got a chance to finish Just Kids, and it was good through the end. Towards the end I began to get slightly confused by all the characters that came in and out for a few pages at a time, and stopped paying as close attention. Then when important characters arrived I often had to go back and figure out which one he was. But aside from that, it is truly a lovely story. And I will admit that I cried a bit at the end. The nostalgia and romance really got to me in this story.

Yesterday at the airport I began my next book. It's long, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get through before I have to return to school. It's called Some Sing, Some Cry. The story begins in Reconstruction-era South Carolina. It's reminding me a little of Gone With the Wind, but I won't get my hopes up high just yet.

Miss. H.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I have never heard of either one, but they both sound good. I can't resist a good cry (little known fact - first book that ever made me cry was called Deirdre...it was a re-telling of an Irish folktale in novel form). And anything reminiscent of Gone With the Wind has my full attention!
    I received two literary "gifts" today from a new friend...two books to borrow: Little Bee and Water for Elephants. I'm looking forward to both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read both of those! I liked Little Bee a lot!
    Miss H

    ReplyDelete